In this application, you'll find auditoriums with built-in permanent projection booths, large multi-purpose rooms (like hotel banquet/function rooms) where flexibility requires portable projection methods and impromptu or infrequent presentations in large areas not specifically designed for presentations (typically found in businesses).
- Typically large numbers of seated or in some cases, standing audience members where room size usually dictates a wide viewing angle.
- Very limited interaction between presenter and the audience, if any.
- The need for a large image size requires a projection method/source with substantial lumen output.
- Depending on seating position, image quality may not be ideal due to wide angle and/or distance from screen.
- Although film projection is generally used with high lumen output, multiple (stacked) video projectors may also be used to accomplish higher light output.